12/8/11

Gail's Update!


Dear Friends,

Thank you ALL for your precious emails, cards, prayers, and visits.  It means so much to me to hear from each of you.  I am so blessed to have such a loving family and friends; more blessed than I ever realized before.
 
I've been home since November 23rd and am recovering more each day. The orthopedic doctor gave me permission during last week's exam to begin putting 25% of my weight on my right leg (the right hip was fractured).... It is wonderful to use the walker with both legs instead of hopping only on the left leg :-).  She also x-rayed my clavicle and is happy with the progress. 
 
Scott & I met with the neuro surgeon (aka brain doctor) yesterday and he is taking me off the daily anti seizure medication and says I should be able to consider going to work parttime in January.  I still need to nap and sleep more than normal.... but that will become less as I continue to heal.  I thank God daily for all my blessings, including all of you.
 
Love, Gail Smith